Corrective Action Plan
- Participating Physician Groups (PPG)
When a participating physician group (PPG) or hospital is not in compliance with plan policies, contractual obligations or regulatory requirements, the Delegation Oversight Department may implement a corrective action process to correct the deficiencies.
- Delegate is notified of deficiency and requested to submit a corrective action plan (CAP) to address the deficiency.
- The delegation oversight compliance auditor reviews the CAP for appropriateness and completeness and notifies the provider of whether the CAP is approved.
- If the plan does not approve the CAP, the provider is notified and asked to revise and resubmit the CAP to the plan.
- If the delegate does not submit a CAP, or complete the actions in their CAP in a timely manner, the deficiency is escalated to the Delegation Oversight Workgroup (DOW) to recommend further actions.
- If the delegate remains deficient it is escalated to the Delegation Oversight Committee (DOC) to take formal actions up to and including de-delegation.