- Participating Physician Groups (PPG)
(does not apply to HSP)
Health Net covers specific brands of blood glucose meters at no charge and test strips at Tier II of the Recommended Drug List (RDL). The selected brands meet the needs of the majority of members and physicians. The following blood glucose meters and test strips are available with a primary care physician (PCP) prescription at participating pharmacies:
- OneTouch® Verio® IQ meter and test strips
- OneTouch® Ultra® Mini meter
- OneTouch® Ultra® 2 meter
- One Touch® Ultra® Blue test strips
- FreeStyle® test strips
- Freestyle Lite® meter and test strips
- Freestyle InsuLinx ® meter and test strips
- Precision Xtra® meter and test strips
No other meters or test strips are covered at Tier II on the Health Net RDL.
Test strips are available in packages of 50 and 100 and may be prescribed to allow for up to a 30-day supply. Prior authorization is required if more than 200 test strips per month are prescribed.
Most members have coverage for diabetic supplies under their pharmacy benefit. Insulin-dependent and noninsulin-dependent diabetics are eligible for blood glucose monitoring supplies.
Insulin needles and syringes are covered under the Health Net Prescription Drug Program.